Welcome to Ascent to Health! My passion for nutrition, functional medicine, and ancestral health is the result of my personal experience in recovering from a serious battle with Lyme disease in my early twenties. The clinical nutrition services I offer through Ascent to Health are the culmination of the knowledge I have gained through my healing journey. I am so glad to be able to share my passion for healthy living with you!
In 2016, I graduated as Valedictorian and Summa Cum Laude with my B.S in Biomedical Science and an Emphasis in Nutrition from National University of Health Sciences. I am currently pursuing my M.S. in Human Nutrition at the University of Bridgeport, with the intent of becoming a Clinical Nutritionist. I am a member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society and the American College of Nutrition.
In my clinical nutrition practice, I create nutrition programs for my clients that draw upon the wisdom of our ancestors, the rhythms of nature, and the most cutting-edge science. In addition, I am a busy freelance health writer, and have researched and written for prominent leaders in the holistic health movement including Chris Kresser, Paleo Magazine, ProHealth, and Well Being Journal.
I derive great inspiration for my work from nature. When I am not researching and writing, I can usually be found enjoying the great outdoors. Rock climbing, hiking, and skiing are some of my favorite ways to spend time in nature! When I’m not having adventures outdoors, I can often be found with my nose in a good book, practicing my photography skills, cooking up healthy recipes, and spending time with my family and friends.
- Member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society, an honor granted to the top ten percent of seniors and graduate students at the University of Bridgeport
- Co-Valedictorian and Summa Cum Laude with a BS in Biomedical Science and an Emphasis in Nutrition from National University of Health Sciences.
- Currently pursuing an MS in Human Nutrition through the University of Bridgeport.
- Member of the American College of Nutrition.
- Articles published in ProHealth.com, TheMighty.com, and Well Being Journal—a natural health publication sold throughout North America.